Indemnity: The coaches and management of Centurion Junior Squash and Uitsig Squash club cannot be held liable for any loss or injury that occurs during any sessions/tournament that form part of the Centurion Junior Squash Programme. Players participate at own risk.
Venue: Squash sessions will be held at Uitsig Squash Courts in Panorama rd Rooihuiskraal. Route map and GPS Coordinates to Uitsig courts available on our webpage – www.cjsquash.co.za. Midstream Primary College Squash Courts and Midstream Ridge Sport centre squash courts, Kentron Squash Club and Centurion Squash Club
Playing Kit: Only sport clothes will be allowed. CJS t-shirts and shorts are available to order. Takkies with non-marking gum soles and Protective eye wear is compulsory. Players are allowed to play bare feet but there is the possibility of sliding and splinters on court; therefore we do not recommend this.
No player will be allowed on court without appropriate clothing and the necessary equipment. New players may borrow racquets from coaches; there is no need to buy for practicing purposes but own protective eye wear compulsory within month from starting.
- Balls will be provided.
- Players must please arrive ON TIME for their session as late comers cause unnecessary disruptions. If a player is going to be late, please SMS / Whats App the coach before the start of the session.
- Communication with coaches should preferably be via email or SMS / Whats App. Receiving phone calls during the sessions causes unnecessary disruptions and coaches will not answer phone calls.
- Foul language, abusive or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Parents are not encouraged to stay during the session as it is distractive to players and coaches. Parents welcome to wait outside.
- If a player is absent for three consecutive weeks without a legitimate excuse, e.g. illness or other school sports, he/she will automatically be removed from the squad, will still be liable for the term’s coaching fee’s and will be replaced by a another on the waiting list.
- No parent, friend, au pair, servant or family member is allowed to wait in front of the squash court’s doors as this prevents the training groups from entering and exiting the squash courts.
- Players must please bring a bottle of water to the sessions.
- Cell phones must be switched off or on silent during coaching sessions.
- Although we endeavor to keep personal belongings safe, Coaches, CJS and Squash Clubs will not take responsibility for loss of any personal belongings during training sessions at the courts.
- No smoking allowed by any player, parent or coach in or outside the club during coaching sessions.
- Coaches do have the right to suspend a player who is disruptive or does not want to participate in the coaching sessions.
- All tournament dates will be distributed to the players before 1 January 2019 and it will be available in our document section as well. It is, however, the player’s own responsibility to plan his/her year and enter such tournaments well in advance.
- We expect at least a term’s commitment from each player and if a player should decide to quit before the end of a term no refunds will be made.
- One full paid months notice must be given if a player wants to quit in a calendar year.
- If a power failure should occur, the coaching sessions will still continue.